Wednesday 6 October 2010

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

After reviewing my own 3D work from the 2nd year:

Elza Walker

  • I did not utilise the textures wisely. High resolution textures I should have been able to get more detail into it.
  • I did not utilise a specular map or use a normal map effeciently.
  • I did not create or render the model to be simpathetic to the concept.

Walter Sobcheck

  • Low poly model to create an iconic character.
  • Texture very pastel like. Needed to be sharper clearer
  • Creases on the shirt weren't observed correctly. Also the unwrap of the shirt should have been straight
RuneScape Troll

  • Should have used the full 1000 triangles given for the art test. Around the shoulders would have probably benefitted from more.
  • Could have planned the textures better to be more simpathetic to the vertex coloured model as to enhance it.
Pretty much I lack any flare or consideration to the presentation, not giving it any real thought, which I will learn and improve apon.

I have tracked down what I would consider to be a bad model:

  • The model lacks any kind of texturing beyond a very basic colour.
  • From the look of the model it is too round to be a basic low poly model so hasn't utilised the geometry or simplified the geometry. Its shape is also quite apalling.
  • Its presentation is poor. No turn around, texture or wireframe renders to give a basic idea of how this model looks other than the one render on a black background.
 Now for what I would consider a good model. It is the Death Knight model created by Ben Mathis (Poopinmymouth):



  • The model utilises all of its geometry well to present this character in a low end spec.
  • The background colour does not detract from the clarity of the model presented.
  • The layout is easy on the eye and presents all the necessary information without swamping the image.
If I was pushed to say where my work was compared between the good and the bad example, I would be inclined to say my work was 2/5 of the way between the two.

After looking at several presentation sheets I decided to have a crack at making a better presented sheet. Here was the result:

With this version I tried creating an interesting yet not distracting background, removing the heavy text that I used to use, relegating it to a smaller font confined to the corners of the page.

This still needs improvement as I feel it is overcrowded but is a lot more interesting than the original image.
 

1 comment:

  1. woooow super inreibles los modelos se podra descargar el modelo de elza walker

    ReplyDelete